Salad season is upon us! I love getting creative with my salads, and this one is a favorite around here that gets gobbled up; even by the picky 5yo.
Warm Maple Bacon Dressing Spinach Salad
- 6 cups Baby spinach rinsed and dried
- 1 Boiled eggs wedged
- 3/4 cup Radishes sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons Feta cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon Walnuts chopped
- 4 oz mushrooms Sliced
- 7 slices uncured bacon
- 1/4 cup bacon grease
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried apricots chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fennel bulb minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon grass minced
- 1 teaspoon horseradish minced
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- Assemble your salad in a bowl.
- Heat a large skillet to medium and fry the bacon until crisp. Remove and set aside.
- To the grease in the pan, add the fennel bulb, lemon grass, and horseradish; sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the dried apricots, Maple Syrup, white balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard and water.
- Whisk until combined and continue cooking for another 2 minutes, then add the bacon back into the pan.
- Serve over your salad while it’s still warm.