Salad season is upon us! I love getting creative with my salads, and this one is a favorite around here that gets gobbled up; even by the picky 5yo.
Warm Maple Bacon Dressing Spinach Salad
The saltiness from the bacon along with the sweetness from apricots and Maple syrup, makes an amazing salad dressing with perfectly balanced flavors.
- 6 cups Baby spinach rinsed and dried
- 1 Boiled eggs wedged
- 3/4 cup Radishes sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons Feta cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon Walnuts chopped
- 4 oz mushrooms Sliced
- 7 slices uncured bacon
- 1/4 cup bacon grease
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried apricots chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fennel bulb minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon grass minced
- 1 teaspoon horseradish minced
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- Assemble your salad in a bowl.
- Heat a large skillet to medium and fry the bacon until crisp. Remove and set aside.
- To the grease in the pan, add the fennel bulb, lemon grass, and horseradish; sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the dried apricots, Maple Syrup, white balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard and water.
- Whisk until combined and continue cooking for another 2 minutes, then add the bacon back into the pan.
- Serve over your salad while it’s still warm.
Recipe inspired by Julianne at Keto Cooking Christian