Stuffed mushrooms are absolutely delicious, and always a hit at pot lucks and holidays; however, they can be very labor intensive. Enter the keto casserole. Just throw it all together and serve. May not be as attractive to the eye, but will delight the tastebuds.
Unstuffed Mushroom Casserole
A simple, creamy delight that won’t break the bank, or your waistline!
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage recipe linked in notes
- 1 cup chicken cooked and shredded
- 1 package sliced portobella mushrooms
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/3 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Brown and crumble sausage in a skillet over medium high heat; when sausage is no longer pink add sliced mushrooms and saute until soft.
- Add chicken, half of cheddar cheese, and spinach. Continue cooking until warmed through.
- Add cream cheese in cubes and mayonnaise. Stir until even coated.
- Add sour cream and 1/2 parmesan cheese, toss well and then turn into a 9 by 13 dish.
- Spread remaining cheeses over top and bake until bubbly and interior reaches 165°, approximately 20 minutes.