Got a craving for tacos, but can’t find a safe seasoning at the store? Me either! So I developed this stupid simple version and it’s better than what McCormick can offer!
NAG-Free Taco Seasoning
Prepackaged Taco Seasoning is fully of yucky additives and lots of baddies. Try this mix on for a change and you'll never go back.
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac
- 1 teaspoon of ground mace
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Coriander
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons of ground annato
- Put all seasoning mix ingredients in a small glass jar. Put the lid on and shake until well combined.
- Use 1.5 to 2 Tablespoons per pound of meat (ground beef, pork, chicken, etc.), or to taste.
- Brown meat in a large skillet. Stir the seasoning and 3 teaspoons tamarind paste into the browned meat with about a 1/4 cup of water, simmer until dry.
- Add additional lime juice & chopped cilantro if desired. Serve.
PS: If you’ve found this post helpful, please consider supporting my work on this site. It’s so easy–and costs you nothing: Next time you want to buy something from Amazon, simply go to the Amazon site through one of my links or banner ads. No matter what you buy, I’ll get a small commission from your purchase–even if it’s not the item I’m advertising. Again, it adds nothing to your costs. So head to Amazon through one of the ads or affiliate links here (or just click here), and start shopping! Thank you so much for your consideration.