Got a craving for tacos, but can’t find a safe seasoning at the store? Me either! So I developed this stupid simple version and it’s better than what McCormick can offer!
NAG-Free Taco Seasoning
Prepackaged Taco Seasoning is fully of yucky additives and lots of baddies. Try this mix on for a change and you'll never go back.
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac
- 1 teaspoon of ground mace
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Coriander
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons of ground annato
- Put all seasoning mix ingredients in a small glass jar. Put the lid on and shake until well combined.
- Use 1.5 to 2 Tablespoons per pound of meat (ground beef, pork, chicken, etc.), or to taste.
- Brown meat in a large skillet. Stir the seasoning and 3 teaspoons tamarind paste into the browned meat with about a 1/4 cup of water, simmer until dry.
- Add additional lime juice & chopped cilantro if desired. Serve.