Breakfast is the favorite meal of the day around here… Maybe because the good ones only happen on the weekend while everyone is home.
We sleep in, enjoy coffee/tea/hot cocoa, and relax. Then the guy makes something yummy. We have yet to find a ‘safe’ commercial sausage; but this one is super easy to mix up as needed, so we haven’t been looking very hard…
NAG-free Breakfast Sausage
A traditional tasting breakfast sausage without the baddies.
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon annatto powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 pound ground pork
- Mix ingredients in a bowl, form into patties or logs, and cook until no pink remains.
PS: If you’ve found this post helpful, please consider supporting my work on this site. It’s so easy–and costs you nothing: Next time you want to buy something from Amazon, simply go to the Amazon site through one of my links or banner ads. No matter what you buy, I’ll get a small commission from your purchase–even if it’s not the item I’m advertising. Again, it adds nothing to your costs. So head to Amazon through one of the ads or affiliate links here (or just click here), and start shopping! Thank you so much for your consideration.