Breakfast is the favorite meal of the day around here… Maybe because the good ones only happen on the weekend while everyone is home.
We sleep in, enjoy coffee/tea/hot cocoa, and relax. Then the guy makes something yummy. We have yet to find a ‘safe’ commercial sausage; but this one is super easy to mix up as needed, so we haven’t been looking very hard…
NAG-free Breakfast Sausage
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon annatto powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 pound ground pork
- Mix ingredients in a bowl, form into patties or logs, and cook until no pink remains.