Want something amazing to top your plain chicken? Really up the ante on your white fish? Take a peek at this sauce, and give it a try…
Lemon Butter Sauce RoyaleCourse: ChutzpahCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Medium
A simple yet versatile lemon-butter sauce that is quick and easy to prepare while tasting divine.
1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut up, at room temperature
4 teaspoons grated lemon rind
1 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup vegetable broth
1/2 cup dry white wine
3/4 teaspoon each minced horseradish and lemon grass
1/4 teaspoon dried sweet basil
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground peppercorn medley
1 teaspoon arrowroot starch
1 Tablespoon cool water
- Place a medium saucepan over low heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter. Allow the butter to melt, then add horseradish and lemon grass, gently sauté, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle basil and pepper; stir to coat. Add the wine, broth, and lemon juice and bring to a soft simmer over medium heat. Continue to cook until the liquid is reduced about 1 cup, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, add 2 tablespoons of butter at a time and whisk the butter in until it is completely melted. You want the butter to slowly soften into an emulsified sauce, not quickly melting, it is a process. Add the remaining butter 1 tablespoon at a time until all the butter has been added into the sauce.
- Stir arrowroot starch into 1 tbsp cool water, then slowly add to the sauce, whisking briskly.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve immediately, or keep warm for a few minutes until ready to use. Cooking this sauce on low heat is key.
PS: If you’ve found this post helpful, please consider supporting my work on this site. It’s so easy–and costs you nothing: Next time you want to buy something from Amazon, simply go to the Amazon site through one of my links or banner ads. No matter what you buy, I’ll get a small commission from your purchase–even if it’s not the item I’m advertising. Again, it adds nothing to your costs. So head to Amazon through one of the ads or affiliate links here (or just click here), and start shopping! Thank you so much for your consideration.