Mushrooms, bacon, faux-nions and faux-lic are combined into a rich, hearty and cheesy mushroom dip. If you like stuffed mushrooms you are really going to love this warm mushroom dip recipe!
Did you know that September is Mushroom Month? I didn’t either; but I couldn’t wait to post this recipe now, oops!
In making this, I pureed half of the mushrooms in a food processor to make sure that the mushroom flavor penetrated the entire dip and then I left one third diced, and another third whole so that I could also enjoy their texture.
Hot Mushroom Dip
- 8 Ounces Thick Sliced Center Cut Bacon
- 1 Medium Fennel Bulb Peeled And Diced
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Grass finely minced
- 1 Teaspoon Horseradish finely minced
- 8 Ounces Mushrooms Diced*
- 2 Tablespoons Gluten-Free Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Dry White Wine
- 2 Teaspoons Marcustershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Aminos
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream (or use Plain Greek Yogurt)
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Gouda shredded
- 1/4 Cup Parmigiano Reggiano shredded
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon on the stove-top until crisp.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon from pan and drain bacon on a layer of paper towels and then chop into small pieces.
- In the bacon drippings that are left in the pan, caramelize the fennel bulb (on super low, about 20 mins, adding grass fed butter if necessary),
- Add the lemon grass and horseradish, sauteing until fragrant; then add mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Sprinkle flour over mushroom mixture. Stir until thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the wine, deglaze the pan and cook until it has evaporated.
- Add Marcustershire Sauce, Coconut Aminos, bacon, cream cheese, and sour cream; then cover and cook on LOW for 15 minutes; or until heated through, stirring as necessary.
- If desired; puree 1/3 of mushroom mixture and add back in. Add mayonnaise and shredded cheeses. Stir to combine.
- Serve warm with robust crackers, toasted slices of baguette bread, or a veggie tray.