While this dumplings recipe will take about three hours to cook, everything comes together in a single Dutch oven, meaning this one-pot meal will require little clean-up afterwards. This is the ultimate hearty and delicious family-friendly meal that is easy to reheat and makes great leftovers. Serve with a side salad or just garnish with chopped parsley for an added touch.
Ham & Dumplings
- 2 lbs ham with bone in
- water to cover
- 2 med sweet potatoes cubed
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 ⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 can French cut green beans drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place ham in large pot and cover with water.
- Boil to make ham broth. (couple of hours)
- Cut ham into cubes and set aside.
- Place potatoes in broth to cook.
- Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl, mix flour, eggs, and milk to form soft dough. (adding milk get as necessary)
- Roll dough to 1/8" to 1/4" thickness.
- Cut dough into 1" by 1 1/2" rectangles
- Drop dough into broth one piece at a time.
- Cook until dough is done.
- Add ham and green beans, cook til heated through.
- Salt and pepper to taste