There is almost nothing it doesn’t taste good on or in.
Dented Pickle Rub
Give this mix a chance, and you'll use it on everything.
- 1/4 Cup Fennel Seeds
- 3 tablespoons Coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons White peppercorns
- 1 Tablespoon Black Peppercorns
- 1/2 Tablespoon Celery seed
- 1 teaspoon Whole Juniper Berries
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon NAGrika
- Put the fennel seeds, coriander seeds, juniper berries, and peppercorns in a heavy pan over medium heat. Swirl the pan occasionally watching the spices constantly so they do not burn.
- When light brown and fragrant, pour the seeds onto a plate to cool. They must be cool before grinding, or they will gum up the blades.
- Grind coarsely using a mortar and pestle or a coffee grinder reserved for grinding spices and add the salt, cinnamon, and NAGrika. Blend to a fine powder, shaking the grinder occasionally to redistribute the seeds.
- Store in a tightly sealed glass jar in a cool, dry place, or freeze.