A comforting and delicious hotdish that your family will love, that is quick and easy enough for any night of the week.
I recommend serving a cool, bright salad on the side. One of my favorites is a balsamic dressing over spinach and arugula with blueberries, almonds, and feta.
Cheesy Pig and Sweets BakeCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Comforting and delicious casserole for any night of the week.
I recommend serving a cool, bright salad on the side.
5 bone-in pork chops
1 T. bacon grease
1 c. Greek Yogurt
1 recipe chicken condensed soup, 1/4 cup reserved (below)
1/2 c. heavy cream
1 1/2 lb sweet potato, shredded
1/2 c. fennel bulb, chopped
1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
- Condensed Cream of Chicken
3 tablespoons grassfed butter
3 tablespoons gluten free flour
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon truffle zest powder
1/2 teaspoon finely minced fennel bulb
1/2 teaspoon finely minced lemon grass
1/2 teaspoon finely shredded horseradish root
1 pinch NAGrika
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Condensed Cream Soup
- Melt the butter over medium low heat.
- Add the fennel bulb, lemon grass, and horseradish; sprinkle with truffle zest. Saute until softened and fragrant.
- Whisk in the flour. (It should be like pancake batter) Let cook until browned, but not too thick.
- Gradually whisk in the chicken stock.
- Stir in the heavy cream and the spices.
- Continue stirring, bringing the mixture to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes while stirring to prevent burning.
- Remove from heat, and set aside until cooled OR use immediately.
- Piggy Bake
- Season the pork chops with Dented Pickle Rub.
- Brown the pork chops on both sides in a hot pan. (NOTE: DO NOT cook them through; you just want them to get a quick crust!)
- Combine all liquid ingredients stirring well. Add shredded potatoes, fennel bulb, cheese, again stirring to mix well.
- Spread potato mixture into ungreased 9×13 glass dish. Top with pork chops. Spoon the reserved cream of soup on top of pork chops.
- Bake uncovered at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through and the pork chops are fully cooked. (during the last 5 minutes of cooking, feel free to sprinkle more cheddar cheese on top!)