What in the world is Grice? It’s rice made in a way to emulate grits, which if you didn’t know, is made from corn, so therefore a no-no in this house.
I could not believe my tastebuds; this *thought up while I was trying to sleep* recipe is a very convincing copycat that will scratch that itch.
Cheesy Bacon Grice
- Pressure Cooker
- Immersion Blender
- Saute Pan
- 2 eggs, cooked as desired (I like mine runny!) per bowl
- 1/2 cup bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cup white short grain rice don't rinse
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ teaspoon NAGrika
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan Salt freshly ground
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper freshly ground
- ¼ teaspoon truffle zest
- Pressure cook your rice according to your machine's cheat sheet. (Mine said on high for 4 minutes)
- Shred your cheese, cook and crumble your bacon.
- Add butter, heavy cream, shredded mozzarella cheese, and seasonings to rice.
- In quick short jabs, blend approximately 1/3 to 1/2 of your rice.
- Mix in crumbled bacon.
- Serve into bowls, top with cheddar cheese and fried egg.