A slightly healthier version of broccoli salad, but absolutely divine. At our house we ALL love ‘trees’ so this never lasts long. It’s better the next day, so make ahead!
Bodacious Broccoli Salad
- 8 slices bacon chopped
- 2 heads fresh broccoli chopped (1 pkg frozen broccoli)
- 1 1/2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese shredded
- 2/3 cup plain low fat yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh horseradish shredded
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- If using fresh broccoli; blanch quickly.
- If using frozen broccoli, defrost and gently squeeze to remove excess water.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cheese, bacon and onion.
- Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by whisking together the red wine vinegar, sugar, pepper, salt, and yogurt. Combine dressing with salad, toss well.
- Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.