Baked Million Dollar ‘Spaghetti‘ is creamy with a melty cheese center, topped with meat sauce and extra bubbly cheese. This yummy baked ‘spaghetti‘ casserole will be requested again and again for potlucks and family gatherings.
Billion Dollar NAG-less KETOghetti Bake
Baked 'Spaghetti' Casserole is creamy with a melty cheese center, topped with meat sauce and extra bubbly cheese.
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 pound grass-fed 75% ground beef
- 1/2 pound NAG-free Italian Sausage
- 1-3 zucchini chopped
- 1/2 fennel bulb minced
- 3/4 cup frozen chopped spinach defrosted and drained
- 36 ounces prepared Nomato sauce 1/2 cup reserved
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon No-Salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasonings
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 cups ricotta cheese divided
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese shredded and divided
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Slice ends off the squash, then cut widthwise into halves or rings. Use a spoon to scrape out the seeds. Place squash on rimmed baking sheet. Coat each piece with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir beef, sausage, fennel and zucchini until meat is browned, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 of the sauce and seasonings, then cover and set aside.
- Peel the squash's skin away and separate the strands into long “spaghetti noodles”.
- For the white mix: Whisk eggs, Parmesan cheese, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese and butter in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix squash 'noodles,' spinach, mayonnaise, sour cream, and remaining sauce and toss to coat.
- Place half the noodle mixture into baking dish. Top with half the 'white mix' followed by the meat sauce. Repeat layers.
- Pour reserved sauce over top, and sprinkle mixed cheddar and remaining mozzarella cheeses.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue to bake until the cheese is melted and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes longer.
This is a complete meal of itself; but a nice refreshing salad is a great accompaniment.
PS: If you’ve found this post helpful, please consider supporting my work on this site. It’s so easy–and costs you nothing: Next time you want to buy something from Amazon, simply go to the Amazon site through one of my links or banner ads. No matter what you buy, I’ll get a small commission from your purchase–even if it’s not the item I’m advertising. Again, it adds nothing to your costs. So head to Amazon through one of the ads or affiliate links here (or just click here), and start shopping! Thank you so much for your consideration.