Kid Pleasing Dinner. What a wonderful phrase. AND this is one meal the grown-ups will love too! (No guarantees implied.)
Keto-fied Beef Divan
- 1 head green cabbage sliced into 'noodles'
- 1½ lb lean ground beef
- 3 cups frozen or fresh broccoli florets
- 1 double recipe prepared Alfredo sauce
- 1 can (4 oz) sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Place cabbage in a large skillet, add butter, and dust with pink salt and celery salt. Saute until slightly wilted. Add broccoli and continue cooking for 2 minutes (or until broccoli is tender); set aside.
- Brown ground beef in skillet; drain fat. Add the Alfredo sauce and cook over medium heat, stirring until well incorporated.
- Add the mushrooms, cabbage 'pasta' and broccoli, stirring to combine, and heat through.
- Top with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- fresh kale/spinach
- shredded brussel sprouts
- diced sweet bell peppers
- artichoke hearts
- black olives
- parmesan cheese
- minced onion & garlic
- crumbled bacon
- serve over 'zoodles'
- use low-sugar italian sausage
- use ground chicken/pork/turkey *Adapted from Betty Crocker
You can also take another route; and oven roast the broccoli and cabbage; just toss with butter or oil and place in a pre-heated 350 oven on baking sheets for 15 – 30 minutes, depending on the caramelization desired.