Celeriac Cauli Mash
A creamy purée of celery root and cauliflower makes a for simple to prepare weeknight or holiday side.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 1 medium head of cauliflower about 1 1/2 pound, cut into small florets
- 2 pounds celery root also known as celeriac (about 3 small)
- 2 cups radishes roughly chopped
- 3 cups sour cream plain greek yogurt may be substituted
- 1 1/2 cups broth can be vegetable, or creature of choice
- 1 teaspoon truffle powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 6 tablespoons grassfed salted butter 3/4 stick, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Freshly ground white pepper
Peel celery root, dice cauliflower, dice radishes; place into a large pan and cover in broth.
Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Uncover, reduce heat to medium low, and cook at a lively simmer until cauliflower can be easily pierced with a sharp knife and celery root starts to break up, about 17 to 20 minutes.
Drain mixture through a colander, reserving liquid. Transfer to the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment. Add butter, sour cream, parmesan, truffle powder, salt, and pepper
Process to a smooth purée; adding reserved liquid as needed, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary, about 3 minutes from start to finish.
Taste and season with white pepper as needed.
Serve immediately or reheat gently in a saucepan with some heavy cream to prevent it from drying. You can also reheat it in a double boiler.