Prep time: 20 m · Cook time: 30 m · Ready In: 50 m
4 green bell peppers, tops removed, seeded
1 pound ground turkey
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced finely
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 zucchini, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 cup fresh spinach
1 shredded carrots
1/3 cup Garlic Alfredo sauce
1 cup wild and white rice, cooked
Italian seasoning to taste
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Wrap the green bell peppers in aluminum foil, and place in a baking dish. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from heat.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the onion, garlic, and turkey until evenly brown. Set aside.
- Heat oil in the skillet, and cook mushrooms, zucchini, carrots, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and spinach until tender.
- Return turkey to the skillet. Mix in the rice and sauce, then season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Stuff the green peppers with the skillet mixture.
- Return peppers to the oven, and continue cooking 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and serve.