Kid Pleasing Dinner. What a wonderful phrase. AND this is one meal the grown-ups will love too!
It has a mild flavor. In other words, this is comfort food. There’s nothing in it that will shock the taste buds or bite you in the butt. Who doesn’t love a nice plate of low key deliciousness? Even fussy eaters will enjoy this (No guarantees though!)
- 1 head green cabbage, sliced into ‘noodles’
- 1½ lb lean ground beef
- 3 cups frozen or fresh broccoli florets
- 1 double recipe prepared Alfredo sauce
- 1 can (4 oz) sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Place cabbage in a large skillet, add butter, and dust with pink salt and celery salt. Saute until slightly wilted. Add broccoli and continue cooking for 2 minutes (or until broccoli is tender); set aside.
- Brown ground beef in skillet; drain fat. Add the Alfredo sauce and cook over medium heat, stirring until well incorporated.
- Add the mushrooms, cabbage ‘pasta’ and broccoli, stirring to combine, and heat through.
- Top with the shredded cheddar cheese.
– fresh kale/spinach
– shredded brussel sprouts
– diced sweet bell peppers
– artichoke hearts
– black olives
– parmesan cheese
– minced onion & garlic
– crumbled bacon
– serve over ‘zoodles’
– use low-sugar italian sausage
– use ground chicken/pork/turkey
*Adapted from Betty Crocker